I suggest you ...

Better support for multilingual SKOS

The SKOS guide shows that multiple language labels can be added as sibling labels using xml:lang (See http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/Europe/reports/thes/1.0/guide/20040504/#3.8),

Tematres embeds the alternative language label in a concept under <skos:exactMatch>. Could you change the SKOS export to fit the version in the guide?

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Admindiego (Admin, tematres) responded  · 

Hi, we know this way (sibling labels) but we no sure if this is the best way to manage multilingual labels… Why do you think this approach is better?

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Gautier Michelin commented  · 

Hi Diego,

we're here building an entire new specification for a subset of TEI (Text Encoding Initiative) XML files, for the european research EuRED project (see eured.univ-lemans.fr). We're aiming our efforts to publish skos versions of our translated vocabulary (a dozen).
        To be perfectly compatible to TEI recommandations, each used term should be defined either through direct definition, inside the XML, or through external reference, and there goes Tematres.

Having xml:lang title version would fulfill these requirements, whereas skos:exact match emplies to consider we have different external thesaurus versions (and not a single URL for a term).
        That's a challenge for us.

Do you have any idea on how to implement xml:lang ? May I be of some help ?

Feedback and Knowledge Base